Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to New Jersey | San Diego Wedding Photographer

Not me...I'm not going back to New Jersey. I just wanted to show you some more from our trip before I forget!!!

As I mentioned before, we attended a wedding while we were there...as guests! Imagine that. Well, as most of my fellow photogs know...its near impossible to attend a wedding without bringing your gear. So, I brought my camera and had a lot of fun...shooting for FUN! :)

Anyhow, so here are a few memories captured from our dear friend, Christie's, wedding.

Christie and her daddy. I love the looks they are exchanging right here.
It was such an emotional wedding as you'll see later on. Christie is the baby of the family and the first to marry. :)


I got to sneak upstairs for this shot. The church was absolutely beautiful.


I LOVE this shot! They had mini towels as favors for the guests to wave in the air. Cute idea! I actually had never photographed a wedding where they've done that before.


The ballroom was incredible! It was so beautifully lit and there was a water feature/fall in the corner of the room. You can kinda see it pictured behind the cake. As you can see, no detail was left out...the cake was beautiful too!


Aaron, Dad-in-law, and brother-in-law...playin' tough. ;)


We had a lot of fun playing with Abbey at the wedding. She actually was really good! I'm hoping she's just as behaved for my brother's in June! :)
Daddy and Abbey making faces...like usual.


This is a shot of the first dance that I took through a wrought iron stair railing (per Aaron's suggestion). Came out kinda cool, huh?


This is Mike, father of the bride. He gave a really sweet toast and prayer before the meal.


And, this is sister/maid of honor, Jamie. She's just wild! I just love her. Her toast was awesome...recalling funny stories of the girls when they were younger. Since I married into the family, I didn't get to grow up with this fantastic family, so it was really cool to hear a little more about their past. :)


And this is where it got rough...the father daughter dance. They started out so well, and then the tears just started rolling...


So, then Mommy Sandy felt left out and joined them on the dance floor...


And then Jamie decided she wasn't gonna be left out of this group hug and joined the party! :) It was so incredibly sweet...I don't think there was a dry eye in the building.


The handsome groom and his mommy. :)


I love this shot of Tom and Christie. Christie was actually singing the song to Tom...so sweet!!!


Let the party begin!!!
Once the music started playing, Abbey was ready to dance! Aaron caught these awesome pictures of us gettin' down on the dance floor!


Aaron and his mom...love Jeanne's face here.


This is Steven. Christie's only brother. He is freakin' hilarious... He and Aaron together are trouble.


Look at that group of girls! Isn't Christie just beautiful! She had sooo much fun at her wedding. It was so cool to see her beaming the whole night.


This was one of the best parts all night! Tom pulled these AWESOME undies from Christie's dress...look at her face!!! ha ha!


Steven again and his beautiful fiance, Ashley. You'll see more of these two soon. I took engagement pictures of them while I was out there. They're getting married next year in the NJ Aquarium! So cool!


Christie and her mama Sandy having fun!


Okay, not quite Dirty Dancing...but close enough. :)


Congratulations Christie and Tom! It was such an honor to witness your love for each other and your vows of commitment. Thanks for inviting us out there to share in your special day! We love you!!!

10 comments:

Bethany said...

For not being the official photog you sure got some FABULOUS pictures!! These are such treasures! LOVE LOVE LOVE the shots where you can actually see the tears rolling down their cheeks! Talk about memories!!

NixonsMamma said...

I agree with Bethany... for not being "on the clock" I think the bride and groom are going to FALL IN LOVE with your photos, and be super bummed they HIRED another photog instead of you!

Glad you got to have fun! I LOVED the pic of you and Abbey dancing... I never see you on the OTHER side of the camera! :) Cute girl!

One other random comment: Jon Iaia looks like true "Italian Mafia" in that "tough" picure! haha.haha.

Way to work the wedding, Friend! xo.

Anonymous said...

there are so many touching shots in this set. Lucky bride and groom having you there.

Emily Faulknor said...

Amazing! Amber, your amazing even off the clock. Hello!!! I love the one through the stairwell while they were dancing. Good idea Aaron!

Anonymous said...

Amber you are such a talented photographer. I'm hooked on your blog.....Love Silvia Grover (your mom's neighbor)

Sara France Photography said...

Beautiful!

Me & My Boys said...

Gorgeous Pictures Amber!!! Amazing!!! Oh and I love the brides dress, beautiful!

My favorite shots are of you and Abbey on the dance floor, precious!!! She is such a cutie!!! :)

Cathy Crawley said...

These images gave me goose bumps, perhaps it was the way the bride is looking at her dad walking down the isle, perhaps it's the touching moment of them crying on the dance floor, perhaps its all the love you injected into the post. Either way, your images are simply stunning and I'm positive everyone will love them :)

ohana photographers said...

amber!!! love the shot of the bride singing!! awesome moment captured!!! you did an incredible job!

Melissa Koehler said...

Oh my goodness girl, these are so beautiful! Wow! I agree, for not being the official photog you got some killer images!! Just beautiful