Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two

My sweet baby turned two today. TWO.
I can't believe it! When people say that time flies...they aren't kidding. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was up with her all night...holding her, trying to rock her to sleep...
Oh, wait...I was.
Ah, yes. The joys of motherhood. :)



Really though...Abbey Grace has been the most amazing blessing. She is so wonderful! She likes to 'help' mama and dada whenever she can. She loves to give kisses...though not on command. ;)
She doesn't like to do anything on command, come to think of it...but she's cute! ha ha! Good thing she's cute...



Despite the tantrums, the sleepless nights (really? How long are they supposed to do this?), the 'flung' food, spilt milk, the scowl, the whining, etc...despite all of these things (which I'm told are COMPLETELY NORMAL--I have to repeat that phrase three times every day)...
This kid ROCKS!



I just can't imagine my life without her. I miss her every minute that I'm not with her...even when I desperately need the break. It's strange...like I'm missing my right arm. She's just a part of me. The miracle of child and mother. I can't really put to words what it feels like to be her mommy. It's the most incredible gift.



She is so precious and I'm so blessed to have been given the chance to care for her in this world. We thank God every day for her presence in our lives...her silly, determined, sassy, rambunctious, loving, playful, talented, cuddly, strong-willed presence.

It's exactly that...which we couldn't possibly live without.

I love you, my Squeaks! Happy 2nd Birthday!!!
love,
Mommy

11 comments:

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Adorable!

Happy Birthday, Abbey! I love your outfit!

Melissa Koehler said...

She is SOOOO adorable!! Happy birthday Abbers!!

NixonsMamma said...

Happppeee Birthday Abbey!

We love "the scowl" (i was laughing when i read that, Amber) n' all! :)

You got some CUTE pics!!!
and def. a cutey-patootie of a girl!

t

Sarah said...

Awww... What a sweetheart!! :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

holy smokes that little doll is too cute for words!!

happy birfday abbey!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Me & My Boys said...

Happy Belated birthday Abbey!!! When did she get sooo big?!?! :) Love the pictures Amber!!! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awww Happy Birthday to Abbey! What a sweet little doll!

And I know what you mean about missing your right arm, you feel lost without them :)

BoyCo. said...

OMGsh!!! She is a little girl now. I can't believe how old she is.

How are you friend? Sure do miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

We haven't seen Abbey in so long! Happy Belated Birthday, Abbey!

Unknown said...

How beautiful is she!! She looks so much older in these shots, growing up so fast huh? What a sweet little girl you have!!