As a close friend of mine said a few weeks ago...'I'm all about nostalgia today.'
One year ago, today...I was at Ethan Allen shopping for couches with my husband, when I started to get my first real contractions. I decided that it was probably NOT a good idea to 'try any more of them out' in case my water decided to break!
Later that evening at 8:16, Aaron and I welcomed into our little family a baby girl who would, 48 hours later, go by the name of Abbey Grace.
This year has been sooooo incredibly amazing!
Though we've had to:
1) live on less sleep than we even got in college,
2) change yucky diapers...and sometimes clothing, and bedding, etc.,
3) taste questionable baby food for the sake of not burning Abbey's little mouth,
4) listen to loads of crying...A LOT
5) eliminate late night fun with friends...mostly because we're exhausted!
We are now greeted with smiles,
and receive hugs and kisses from this little One Year Old girl...
How could life get any sweeter?
Who would have thought that God would trust us with something so precious??
We are so blessed.
I love you so much, my Abbey!